Monday, November 27, 2006

PCI Compliance - Where's the Beef?

I might be dating myself a bit when I reference the old Wendy's ad, but I find myself compelled to beacuse it sums up the PCI Compliance rackets unfolding before our eyes. SO I must ask - Where's the beef?

I just did a Google Search on PCI Compliance, and got a lot of data but no real information back on the first page of the search. What I got was a lot of scanning/reporting/discovery links and solutions, but no real solutions. It's the equivalent of looking for a hamburger and getting all bun. Not what I had in mind. So what did I have in mind?

How about a reference architecture?

How about something other than a nice neat document format to tell me what I already know, just repurposed and re-formatted so I get credit for producing data, vs. producing results and solutions (which is what my bonus is tied to)?

How about something specific for a solution other than self assessment forms?

How about a bullet by bullet breakdown of a solution as it relates to each part of the PCI Specification?

How about some information that I can use? That I can validate/invalidate for myself in my environment? That does something more than tell me what I already know with absolutely no direction or opinion on what I could do?

Keep reading folks. I will share what I know, what I learn, and let you decide if it's right for you, and how useful the solutions are.

pcistuff@gmail.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the PCI and Data Security Compliance blog?

It has lots of information about PCI DSS. Add it to your blogroll!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Could you re-upload the file ?
The file @ http://senduit.com/ is gone. The link expired.

Thanks

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly agree with you.

...............
Cha


Wow, check out this site called www.fluc.com
. Free SMS and free mobile ads!! Its fantastic

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home