Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wifi - The Hole You Can Drive A Bus Through?

Having read more about the TJX breach and how it started - with wireless sniffing - and yesterday sitting in a parking lot of a Danbury, CT shopping center and being able to see 6 wireless networks, all identifiable by some naming convention that tied it back to the retailer, it got me thinking...

Is WIFI the big ubiquitous hole you could drive a bus through?

Yes the little lock showed up on my wireless network 'available networks' scan, but even me - who is slightly more technically capable than a junior high student - could have pulled down a WEP cracker and had some fun had my lunch appointment been late.

Folks, take a look at WIFI Owl and get scanning yourself before some interested party like me does it for you...

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home